Mar 31, 2010

Fish Heads...


Well I'm a bit behind as this is my first post, but Kevira has been doing such a good job so far I haven't had a lot to add.


I had a vocational visit yesterday at a financial planners in Arundel, he had a book in his waiting room called "101 Bunny Suicides", and sure enough thats exactly what was inside. It was al cartoons and not gory, but still a little odd... The visit was quite good, there are a lot of similarities to how things are done in Canada, but also some pretty major differences. England is moving to a fee-based planning system in 2012, so instead of having the planning costs embedded within the MER of a mutual fund, each client will be required to pay per hour, similar to an accountant or a lawyer.

Today we wandered around town a bit (fuddled about is the technical term) then went for lunch at the harbour. It was freezing!!! Gale force winds, rain, and it was only about 3 or 4 degrees. So I had chili for lunch which helped. My host had White Bait which was little deepfried beeer battered fish. Whole. Eyes, guts, and the whole nine yards. So I had to try one, everyone else did to!! I picked a wee one that pretty much had fried down to nothing so it just tasted like eating batter. Was still very weird to have my food looking at me though! Afternoon went to Goodwood Circuit where they hold the Festival of Speed every year. Wasn't much going on though, just had a cup of tea and left.

1 comment:

  1. You're a brave man for eating that fish Cam! It wasn't that bad, come on! I had lamb, and ended up eating lamb another four more times....it wasn't baaaaaad though! Had to add that pun!

    ReplyDelete