Mar 25, 2010

Mid-week Activities

Wow! It's hard to keep up with all the activities we have been doing. Tuesday we met Rotarians from another club who took us to tour the old town of Steyning. Houses in this own date back to the 1200's, and are still lived in. Most structures are of the 14-1500's. A very lovely town with narrow alleys, and winding streets. We then went to see the oldest airfield in England.

The weather was cloudy and cooler, but we had a great timc. I still can't get used to riding on the left side of the road, and when I get in the car, I automatically grab for the steering wheel, which is now in the other side of the car. I have also found myself lifting the toes on my right foot as if to regulate the non-existent gas pedal.

Wednesday was a vocational day, and we were all out to different places of business that match our vocations. I spent time at a youth center created by three different churches, and one that has had a big impact on anti-social behavior in local youth. I then went to Lancing College, a private boarding school for 13-18 year-olds. It looked more like our universities, with a chapel that rivals most big cathedrals here.

No comments:

Post a Comment